March 18, 2015

Reading Updates: Bibliophile New Years Resolutions Bibliophile

Time to babble about one of my other addictions:

TV!!

And boy does 2012 fall season look promising. The world of paranormal TV has taken off with shows like True Blood, Vampire Diaries, Lost Girl, Supernatural, Walking Dead, and so much more. Now fans can look forward to even more paranormal goodness.


2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Shera (Book Whispers) has read 16 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide
1. Read more! Read 100 books and more!
Well it’s going swell. The truth is I’m about 4 books behind. So far I’ve been staying some where between 2-3 books behind. In my defense the only one comic book has been read and no shorts! So I think I’m doing pretty solid.
2. Catch up on series and finish some!

On this I’ve been going with the flow! So far I’ve caught up on the Kate Daniel’s books, The Hunger Games series, and The Arcana Chronicles series.

The series I’ve started working on is Jennifer Estep’s Elemental Assassin, Cassandra Palmer moon-calledbooks, The Parasol Protectorate, The Lunar Chronicles, and Mercy Thompson books! It’s really been helpful with my TBR pile challenge. Because there are so many titles I need to read.

3. Mix up my genres!

Oh! I’ve been doing such a good job on this one! Dystopian, steampunk, and . . . that’s kind of it. Urban Fantasy has been a big squeeze, and I’ve shockingly backed off of paranormal romance. No really I just looked at the books I’ve read so far and I haven’t read a single PNR title! Soulless by Gail Carriger is a romance, but definitely classified as steampunk.

But for me this is a success since both dystopian and steampunk where top genres to read this year!

4. Post reviews for every book read!

cinderGoal! Faithfully been sticking to this.

5. Read more Young Adult titles!


My official goal is to read every other YA. So you know one adult, then YA, adult, YA, adult, YA, and so on. That way I don’t get burned out on one or the other.

Wow! I am amazed that I have faithfully stuck to this. It’s been a bit hard with a buddy read landing the 16th of each month, but I’m doing it!! It’s funny I still feel myself pulled to reading adult titles. Even though the young adult books are being quite kind to me.

6. Utilizing my DNF (did not finish) powers.

Haven’t had to use this yet. But I feel it’s comforting present when I go into each new title!


There’s my update! How have you guys been doing on your reading goals?

No comments: